Thursday, November 30, 2006

It's what they do

The boys spend hours in here. In their cowboy-themed bedroom, this is a horse's trough. Cowboy dress-up is under the trough. But mostly, they just play legos. Hours of legos. Every now and then, they pull out the Playmobil and that will last a week or so, but then they're back to the legos. Some friends gave us this table and I love it. I think it used to be a preschool sand station or something. The boys are able to shove everything aside and use the shallow table as their workstation and they can shuffle through the collection easily. Usually, I'm a store-it-in-tidy-little-containers-and-hide-it-under-the-bed kind of gal, but the legos get used so much, they were going to be out in plain view one way or another. Best in plain view and in a table than in plain view and underfoot. The instruction manuals (that got used once to create the original intentions) are stored in a box, but I don't think they've every been used since their first trial. I am amazed at the things they come up with on their own. They steal motors out of stompers other cars to rig them to legos to make them really run. They understand basic motors better than their mama and it's just incredible what they can do. My favorite part is when they stick their tongues out. You know it is going to be a really good creation if their tongue is shoved out the corner of their mouths while they build.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a good picture of their mama concentrating on something with her tounge out. It's really cute.