Wednesday, November 22, 2006

More Honor

First I heard a slam. Then I heard Honor yelling at the boys, "Let me IN!" over and over again. Then the sound of little feet pounding, as she ran down the hall to find me. She threw her face into my lap as she sobbed hysterically and jabbered through the snot something completely incoherent. Once I finally got her settled down a bit (not really enough to count as 'settled' but enough to interpret) she gasped out "I just wanted a little guy!" She loves to play with her brothers' playmobil guys.

I repeated back "You wanted to play with a guy?"

She gulped. "I just wanted two guys"

Me: "Did you ask to play with a guy?"

Honor: "I just want to play with them."

Me: "Yes, yes, I know. So go ask for one."

Honor: "I'll ask for three guys then." (Not in a tone that stressed the "three", but in a tone that suggested three was the number we had discussed all along."

She ran down the hall much more calm and ready to ask nicely for a toy to play with.

I heard her pound on their door and then shout:

"GIVE ME SIX GUYS!!"

What an angel.

No comments: